Backup and Restore
Migrating to the Desktop Application
When migrating to the Desktop Application on the same server, first stop the existing command line or Docker installation:
cd ~/.scrypted docker compose down
sudo systemctl stop scrypted.service sudo rm /etc/systemd/system/scrypted.service
launchctl unload ~/Library/LaunchAgents/app.scrypted.server.plist rm ~/Library/LaunchAgents/app.scrypted.server.plist
sc.exe stop scrypted.exe sc.exe delete scrypted.exe
Install the Desktop app, and then delete the following plugins. These plugins are no longer necessary, as the Desktop Application has hardware accelerated equivalents:
- Python Codecs
The Scrypted data migration is now complete.
The Scrypted database can be copied to another server by copying the
volume directory. The
volume path depends on your current installation host platform:
Replace `USERNAME` with your username. C:\Users\USERNAME\.scrypted\volume
If the Scrypted server is being upgraded to the Desktop App or a different installation method, skip the
Copy step and simply run the installer. The existing Scrypted Database will be used in place.
volumeto your new server, and place it in the appropriate location. The volume can be restored on any other Scrypted installation, even another architecture or host OS.
- Start Scrypted on the new server.
- Update the
Scrypted Server Addresssetting since the new server will have a different IP address.
Migrating to HomeAssistant
This requres you have followed the steps above and have a backup of your existing installation.
- Create a partial backup of the Scrypted Addon
Settings -> System -> Backups
- Open the archive with 7zip (this can be done via SMB or locally)
- The backup will be named "nonsense".tar sort by date and select the latest one.
- Navigate through the backup by double clicking
. -> *.tar -> *.tar -> data -> scrypted_data
- drag your "plugins" and "scrypted.db" folders into the 7zip window, clicking yes to confirm
- Close 7zip and click "ok" to update the homeassistant compatible backup with your content. (this may take a moment)
- In Home assistant go back to your backups and restore your scrypted backup.